- Postpartum Care: how to take care of mom in the year after childbirth and beyond.
- Why feeling tired isn’t just a normal part of being a new mom and needs to be investigated.
- Viewing childbirth as an intense athletic event and caring for moms appropriately.
- Creating a postpartum care plan as part of your prenatal and birth plan.
- Solutions for fatigue, decreased milk production, and irritability.
- Holistic Pelvic Care: Rehab for the pelvic bowl myofascia on a physical and energetic level.
- Why kegel exercises aren’t always the best approach for healing pelvic issues.
- How postpartum depression can be caused by thyroid problems and when to get your thyroid levels checked.
- Dr. Brighten loves coffee! And her message to you about why she wants you to enjoy it instead of depend on it.
- Feeding the adrenals with B-vitamins, magnesium, vitamin C, gelatin, and bone broth.
- Finding the support you need to thrive.
- Why your #1 job in the first two weeks postpartum is to lay in bed and cuddle your baby.
- Labs Dr. Brighten runs for her postpartum patients.
- What to do about hair loss and anxiety postpartum.
LABS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
- Complete Blood Count
- MTHFR Testing
- Comprehensive Thyroid Panel: TSH, Free T3, Free T4, Total T3, Total T4, Reverse T3, Anti-TG (Thyroglobulin), Anti-TPO (Thyroperoxidase).
- Adrenal Stress Index Test
- Vitamin D
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Great Lakes Gelatin
- Dr. Brighten’s free resources: Taking Control of Your Postpartum Hormonal Health and Natural Remedies for 5 Common Childhood Ailments.
- Connect with Dr. Jolene Brighten on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, leave us a review on iTunes, and share the show with your friends, colleagues, and your doctor.
Dr. DeFrancesco partners with patients seeking a smarter & sustainable approach to health by doing the detective work to uncover root cause(s) and design a personalized and comprehensive plan that includes nutrition, lifestyle, functional medicine, and root cause therapies.
This approach benefits people who are seeking help with chronic inflammatory conditions, autoimmunity, thyroid conditions, digestive problems, brain health, and health optimization.