Currently Dr. Yarnell is associate professor in the botanical medicine department at Bastyr University and adjunct faculty at SCNM. He is a co-founder and chief financial/operations office of Healing Mountain Publishing, Inc., a publisher of natural medicine textbooks for students and practitioners. He is also president of Heron Botanicals, Inc. an herbal pharmacy providing hand-crafted, whole plant extracts exclusively to health care providers.
Dr. Yarnell is author of numerous texts and articles including Natural Approach to Gastroenterology 2nd ed, the forthcoming Natural Approach to Urology and Men’s Health 2nd ed, and Natural Approach to Nephrology (all by Healing Mountain Publishing). He is co-author of Clinical Botanical Medicine 2nd ed (Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.) and the A-Z Guide to Drug-Herb-Vitamin Interactions (Prima Publishing). He is a contributing author for The Textbook of Natural Medicine 4th ed and Principles and Practice of Phytotherapy: Modern Herbal Medicine 2nd ed. He has lectured widely.
- Why there’s no such thing as an herb for X symptom or an herb you can use instead of a drug.
- Formulating botanical medicines vs using off the shelf products.
- Taste is part of the medicine.
- Energetic vs physiological effects of botanicals.
- How to dose botanical medicines appropriately.
- Understanding a patient’s constitution and how it influences correct formulation.
- Misconceptions about commonly known herbs.
- Using medicines native to your region.
- Supporting the sustainability of botanical medicines.
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Herb, Nutrient, and Drug Interactions
- Heron Botanicals
- Alternative & Complementary Therapies Journal
- Journal of Restorative Medicine
- Sylvan Institue of Botanical Medicine
- Dr. Yarnell’s Northwest Naturopathic Urology
- Dr. Yarnell’s Students & Doctors Site
- Connect with Dr. Eric Yarnell on Twitter
f you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, leave us a review on iTunes, and share the show with your friends, colleagues, and your doctor.
Dr. DeFrancesco partners with patients seeking a smarter & sustainable approach to health by doing the detective work to uncover root cause(s) and design a personalized and comprehensive plan that includes nutrition, lifestyle, functional medicine, and root cause therapies.
This approach benefits people who are seeking help with chronic inflammatory conditions, autoimmunity, thyroid conditions, digestive problems, brain health, and health optimization.