Dr. Teray has spent most of her life exploring what it means to be truly happy and well. Her inquiry has led to naturopathic medical training, research and energy work with Tibetan nuns in India, working in sustainable agriculture in the Philippines, and becoming a lifelong student of Eastern and Western spirituality.
Her methods include:
- Food as medicine
- Herbal medicine and nutritional supplements
- Hormone balancing (female and male hormones, adrenals and thyroid)
- Correcting digestive problems (an essential factor in brain health)
- Nutrigenomic therapy (for patients with MTHFR, COMT, MAO-A and other polymorphisms)
- Life purpose and spirituality-oriented coaching
- Guided imagery and mindfulness
Dr. Teray received her naturopathic medical degree from Bastyr University, an institution renowned for bringing science into natural medicine. She is also certified in hypnotherapy and neuro-linguistic programming (NLP). She is licensed in California and Hawaii.
- How to treat depression and anxiety without over pathologizing mood disorders.
- The serotonin myth and why depression isn’t a serotonin problem.
- The intersection of mind & body: physical wellness, purpose & meaning, and connection.
- Depression as a natural process.
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Depression is NOT a Serotonin Deficiency
- Why Aren’t We Awesomer? – Michael Neill
- A role for inflammatory metabolites as modulators of the glutamate N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor in depression and suicidality.
- The New Psychiatry: Psychoneuroimmunology
- Deeply Happy Website
- Connect with Dr. Teray on Facebook & Twitter
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, leave us a review on iTunes, and share the show with your friends, colleagues, and your doctor.
Dr. DeFrancesco partners with patients seeking a smarter & sustainable approach to health by doing the detective work to uncover root cause(s) and design a personalized and comprehensive plan that includes nutrition, lifestyle, functional medicine, and root cause therapies.
This approach benefits people who are seeking help with chronic inflammatory conditions, autoimmunity, thyroid conditions, digestive problems, brain health, and health optimization.